This page uses Javascript. Your browser either doesn't support Javascript or you have it turned off. To see this page as it is meant to appear please use a Javascript enabled browser.
facebook youtube blogger

News Release

Print this Page

The Miami Herald

Recourse for complaints about assisted living

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

In Sunday's Action Line (March 22), there was a question about an assisted-living facility not giving money back.

There is another alternative. The Florida Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program, a Department of Elder Affairs Program, also can help with this situation and other complaints against an Assisted Living Facility, or Nursing Home. Again, the person has to call to start the process.

Call 888-831-0404 or visit

-- David Warshofsky, Ombudsman Program-South Dade and the Florida Keys